Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Intro

Howdy,

I'm new to the blogosphere world. I've enjoyed reading other blogs mostly nursing blogs like emergiblog and pixelRN and many more. I love the Change of Shift posts. In case you've never seen them here's a link: http://www.emergiblog.com/ Kim has many links on her website to nursing, medical and other blogs. I highly recommend it to anyone remotely interested in the zaniness of medicine.

As mentioned above, I'm headed back to nursing. I can't wait! I've been out 12 years. I'm taking an ECG recognition class now and just finishing up online Anatomy & Physiology (A&P) II up. Last summer I took online Pharmacology and A&P I. Last fall I finished up taking an EMS class and am now an EMT-Basic. Can I say it's a lot harder to take college classes being married, with 4 kids, working full-time, and being just a little older than when I did this the first time around?! I'm actually making far better grades now than when I did this 20 years ago. It's just harder to find the time to study.

I recently joined a volunteer fire & rescue squad and am in training (read: even more classes) now to become a fully qualified EMT. Oh yeah, and my son's soccer starts next week. Oh, joy! It's actually a blast. I'm looking so forward to being back in the working world this fall. I hope to get into an ED fellowship program this fall at our local hospital's Level 1 Trauma ED.

Well, more later. I gotta go study how long the P wave, QRS complex, PR interval is, etc, etc, etc. I also need to finish posting what I did for my volunteer service learning project for my
A&P class. I volunteered at my fire station's Bingo night of all things!

I plan to post soon about my EMT clinicals at some of my local hospital's ED's. They were anything but boring. Stay tuned...

Later,
Jen

No comments: