Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What's wrong with wearing glasses???

Well, still waiting to find out if my vision is acceptable to the powers that be or not. Funny, I'm an RN and can work in any hospital in the state. And I want to give of some of my free time to serve my community by volunteering as an EMT-B (which I already possess) with the local volunteer fire & rescue department. With glasses I'm 20/20. GEEEEEZZZ. I'm not trying to become a fighter pilot here. I'm not even going to be doing suppression(fire fighting). I'm just doing EMS-only (ambulance). Yes, I know I need glasses. DUH! That's why I wear them. And they're not coke bottle glasses either! I can see without them, but just not very clearly. Which is why I wear them and will continue to wear them.

I did some checking on the web and do you know the NAVY SEALS have the same uncorrected vision standard as the department I want to volunteer with. Um, last time I checked being a Navy Seal is just a wee bit more arduous than a volunteer EMT!

OK. So can you tell I'm just a little annoyed. And, oh yeah, I can't stand waiting around to find out my fate!

Stay tuned..... while I try to stay patient..................
I need a skim vanilla latte!

No comments: